My client is a leading Reinsurance company based in central London. They are an innovator around the world in developing reinsurance products and services that help insurance and financial organisations protect and grow their business. They are looking for a fully qualified UK based actuary who has the desire and interest to develop their career within the Protection market and become an integral part of their Protection pricing team.
The role will include:
- Manage the process of compiling a tender response for specific quotes; propose appropriate pricing assumptions and oversee the production of reinsurance premium rates.
- Ensure that any risks taken by the company are fully understood, appropriately priced and carefully documented.
- Obtain senior management approval by explaining the main features of the business to be reinsured and justifying the choice of pricing assumptions.
- Ensure that pricing meets corporate standards.
- Respond to ad-hoc client pricing queries and formulate reinsurance solutions tailored to their specific needs.
- Support the business by providing information to the relevant parties to enable treaties to be agreed.
- Assist with drafting and reviewing drafts of treaties as required.
- Participate in the ongoing development of pricing methods and procedures.
- Take ownership of allocated projects, including testing new pricing assumptions, adding new features to pricing models and analysing claims experience.
- Produce reports related to pricing work, including product enhancements and reinsurance rate reviews, to a standard that can be presented both internally to support business decisions and externally to explain pricing proposals to clients.
- Develop a good understanding of each client and its business model e.g. market position, type of market, reinsurance requirements, strategy and future vision.
- Build relationships with actuaries and other professionals throughout the business globally.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified actuary with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably working in the UK Insurance/Reinsurance market.
- Experience of managing small project teams and ensuring that results are delivered within deadlines and to the necessary standards.
- Experience of producing reports to support business decisions.
- Strong IT skills with good understanding of MS Excel & Access and experience of at least one actuarial modelling package.
- Ability to write and maintain code in VBA or similar language would be an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal skills; with the ability to interact with employees at all levels and across different departments
- Good knowledge and understanding of the actuarial aspects of life and health insurance risks.
- Technically and analytically strong.
- Ability to plan and manage own time and several projects at once, delivering them to agreed schedules
- Self-motivated with the ability to get work done through others.
- Able to check the work of others to a high standard and provide appropriate feedback and coaching.
- Proactive team player who can also demonstrate initiative.
- Very effective communicator with the ability to tailor the delivery and content of messages to the audience.
To apply please contact Rachel at: