HFG have partnered with a leading General insurer to assist with their search for a new Enterprise Risk Manager with strong analytical skills. The role will support the CRO in acting as the risk SME to the business and third parties ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of the ERM framework.
Reporting directly into the CRO this is a fantastic opportunity to develop an understanding of all the key risks within the business at a strategic level. You will help to develop a risk aware culture within the business and implementing a fit for purpose risk framework and systems.
- Support the CRO in developing and producing all risk reports.
- Represent risk management on various committees and support the CRO on executive committee and repot writing.
- Direct the business in building new risk controls and systems to ensure fit for purpose.
- Support the review and monitoring of capital model and model validation.
- Undertake the quarterly capital planning and reporting.
- Ensuring adherence to a regulatory requirement.
- Conduct the risk and control assessments through meeting with the company’s risk owners.
- Interacting with different functions across the business to ensure risk frameworks are fit for purpose and operating sufficiently.
- Manage a junior member to perform risk reviews and escalate where necessary.
- Updating and maintenance of the company’s risk systems. Including implementing a new risk IT system in partnership with 3rd party provider.
- Strong experience conducting risk and control assessments.
- Strong analytical or actuarial background.
- Experience using and implanting a risk register database.
- Experienced in delivering risk reports.
- Solid understanding of ERM within a financial lending or Insurance
- Understanding of solvency II and its requirements.
- Personable with strong stakeholder management skills